Friday, August 12, 2005

The three-week update...

Well, I've survived three weeks here in G-town...and it occurs to me that many of you are not even sure if I'm still alive. The basic reason for this would be that, just this week, I finally managed to secure myself reliable internet connections...welcome to small-town living, I suppose. Anyway, now that I'm back spending time with my precious internet, I'm feeling much better.

G-Town is treating me fairly well, although resident insects have taken the welcoming process a bit too far. I am greatly enjoying having wheels again, but the amount of time that I'm spending in the car is pretty ridiculous. The apartment has shaped up quite nicely, barring a horribly scarring moth invasion (that's for another post), and everything there has come together better than expected. Work, especially, is going extremely well for me...it's nice to be dropped into a new place and be able to be so successful, so quickly in your work.

One of the biggest advantages to being here are the weekends, which generally involve groups of young-ish people jumping into cars for various roadtrips. In the few weekends that I've been here, I've managed to hit up London (twice), Kitchener-Waterloo and then once back to Edmonton. Tomorrow is Michigan, and the weekend after that is Toronto...other suggestions are certainly welcome.

Small town life is a bit stifling, but I seem to be adjusting well. The initial culture shock of the first week that prompted a last minute Edmonton visit has subsided, and I am slowly managing to find the almost non-exsistent under-60 population in the area. My major beef is the constant requirement to be on display...everywhere I go, I must make sure to drive the speed limit (in town only, of course), keep from cutting anyone off, and be polite to the point of being syrupy. Being that [company]-girl certainly keeps me on my best behaviour. It's good for me, I suppose...

Work is unscheduled and constantly changing at best, but other schedules remain. I've been hitting up the gym everyday (yes, really) and have been forced into taking Latin dance classes...which are fun, but somehow not quite right; I can't put my finger on it.

So far, so good...

Liberated at 9:40 a.m.

|
template © elementopia | image © istockphoto Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Free Hit Counters
Site Counter
This blog originates in Edmonton, in the wasteland that is Alberta, in the Great White North.

uncharted@gmail.com


What's Goin' On?
Geek v. Geek
Pundit-palooza
The Blog Routine (Anony-blogs)
Blogging All
Around Me...
Wasting Time?
Provincial Election Perversity
Thinking Not
Required
Spare Change?
Self-Discovery
Archives