Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Time to look on the bright side...

Those of you who talk to me on a fairly regular basis will know that I've been complaining about my living situation for the last few months... Downtown living has it's pros and cons, but lately the cons are most definitely winning.

Well, I've decided that it's time to turn a negative into a positive...thus, I hereby declare the start of "uncharted's daily back alley finds"!!! This morning, while I was delicately picking my way across my dumpster diver-laden back alley, I had my eyes glued to the ground. Why, you ask? No, I was not avoiding the daily stare of the roofers stationed outside my back door. Nor was I counting the potholes in the parking lot. This morning's rain, coupled with my very broken sandals (less than two weeks old...damn you, Bay!), required some very deliberate stepping and hopping to keep my oh-so-delicate toes out of giant mud puddles.

With my head down for so long, I realized that, not only was I side-stepping puddles and giant, stumble-causing pebbles...I was also avoiding such fascinating finds as used needles, huge chunks of broken glass, and old cutlery. So, I've decided to keep a daily inventory just for you, my (very, very few) loyal readers!...if I have to walk through that back alley everyday, all of you now have the pleasure of enjoying it with me! Oh, the excitement!

And on a totally unrelated note, I just hauled myself off the couch, got dressed, and ran across the street in the rain after a totally crazy day at work. For pickles. Yes, you read that correctly...for pickles. I had an intense pickle craving that needed dealing with. Which is...uh...strange, especially considering that I really don't like pickles. Should I be concerned?

*****

today's finds: three used needles, one (presumably) used condom, two deflated balloons (close cousins visiting the condom?), one 1'x2' shard of glass, two bent forks.



Liberated at 6:29 p.m.

|
template © elementopia | image © istockphoto Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Free Hit Counters
Site Counter
This blog originates in Edmonton, in the wasteland that is Alberta, in the Great White North.

uncharted@gmail.com


What's Goin' On?
Geek v. Geek
Pundit-palooza
The Blog Routine (Anony-blogs)
Blogging All
Around Me...
Wasting Time?
Provincial Election Perversity
Thinking Not
Required
Spare Change?
Self-Discovery
Archives