Friday, February 25, 2005

Like the moon...

(Again, I have no desire at present to type out an extended recap of the dinner in which my uncle played with morphine all night, and we talked about my stripper cousin. So, too bad for anyone who was actually looking forward to it. Although I can't imagine that anyone would fall into that category anyway...)

I am a very phasical (phasual? phase-ridden? phase-heavy?) person. I settle, short-term, into habits and perspectives that are extremely hard to break...until my next phase, of course. This goes for big things, such as projects for work, relationships, etc. ...but also for little things such as my morning routine, the same few songs that I listen to relentlessly on my iPOD, the TV show that I absolutely must watch.

I recognize that this is a part of who I am, but I can't quite figure out whether it's a positive or a negative. One thing that I can figure out, is that being this way helps me adjust fairly quickly to changes in my life...I've been accused from time to time of not liking (or adapting well to) change. Totally not the case, if my opinion counts at all. I just settle myself into a new phase, complete with new routines and that 'new phase' mentality.

I seem to be fairly entrenched in this latest phase...so deep that I wonder if I'm ever going to move on to the next one. I've settled comfortably into my routine and it seems to be treating me well. Currently on my daily list are:

- a little too much socializing and going out
- watching American Idol with almost a religious fervor
(now quit laughing!)
- over-involving myself (again) with the SU
- following the *exact* same morning routine, even on
weekends
- spending too much time on MSN
- a noticeable lack of meals of any sort
- listening to the same five songs to and from work everyday
on my iPOD (This Love, Surround Me, If I Ain't Got You,
One Great City and Can I Walk With You...in case
anyone is curious)

The good thing about this current phase is there really doesn't seem to be that much in the way of negatives. Even the "too much" points aren't all that detrimental. Many of you will notice that there's no...uh...school stuff anywhere on the list. That, unfortunately, is deliberate. Either than that, I'm fairly pleased with this little phase...so much so, that the next one seems impossibly far off.

Consistency is a good thing, but I think this may be getting to extreme for me...


Liberated at 7:44 a.m.

|
template © elementopia | image © istockphoto Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Free Hit Counters
Site Counter
This blog originates in Edmonton, in the wasteland that is Alberta, in the Great White North.

uncharted@gmail.com


What's Goin' On?
Geek v. Geek
Pundit-palooza
The Blog Routine (Anony-blogs)
Blogging All
Around Me...
Wasting Time?
Provincial Election Perversity
Thinking Not
Required
Spare Change?
Self-Discovery
Archives