Wednesday, January 26, 2005

The one-year itch, life in general, and Snoopy...

As many of you who know me fairly well will know, I have a bit of a problem with my attention span. Routinely, I can keep myself happy with something for about a year, and then my patiences wanes and I feel the need to move on. This has happened with jobs, relationships, living situations...pretty much all of life's biggies.

This quirk is also fairly evident in the little things in my life...and the one that's rearing it's head (hee hee) right now is the straight versus curly debate. No, this is not some metaphor for sexual orientation (although, if I may point out, my attention span in that regard has been just fine), I'm talking about my hair. I'm not really much of a girly-girl (and obviously so), but straight v. curly debate has been raging strongly in my office for at least a week. It seems that I've had my hair straight for a little over a year and - you guessed it - I'm bored. I had no idea that one's hair should be so riveting. It must be because I'm fascinating. Or something.

On to other, far more interesting news, I've finally hit a decent balance in my life that I haven't had in a while. Work, classes, friends, family, basic upkeep...it's all meshed into a very nicely knitted little patchwork (except for perhaps the slightly disproportionate time spent on social life, and the little bit more required on the schoolwork). Things feel very...put together, which is nice, considering how upside-down I have been feeling for so long. I am prioritizing what responsibitilies need to be taken care of now and which ones can be pushed off just a little, I'm giving in to my few guilty pleasures when I need to, reconnecting with old friends, and I'm feeling overall like an organized, responsible person (ignoring all of that excessive drinking, of course).

On a slightly related note, does anyone happen to have an old copy of "Happiness Is..." lying around? You know, the one with Snoopy and all of the Peanuts characters from when you were little (and, yes, all of you hacks...I'm insistent that you had some sort of childhood). Anyway, I'm in desperate need of a copy - just for a few days. I'll give it back, and in mint condition too...my flaring OCD w.r.t. books will ensure that. Pretty please? Anyone?


Liberated at 8:47 a.m.

|
template © elementopia | image © istockphoto Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Free Hit Counters
Site Counter
This blog originates in Edmonton, in the wasteland that is Alberta, in the Great White North.

uncharted@gmail.com


What's Goin' On?
Geek v. Geek
Pundit-palooza
The Blog Routine (Anony-blogs)
Blogging All
Around Me...
Wasting Time?
Provincial Election Perversity
Thinking Not
Required
Spare Change?
Self-Discovery
Archives