Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Politics and religion, religion and politics...

E-Day Goodness
(aka "a haiku for the Liberals"...thanks to poor,
befuddled Portia Clark!)

So we had this discussion at work this morning, and I thought I'd put it out there to see what everyone thought.

In my opinion, anyway, I think we just created a more right-wing monster than we had before. Liberal and ND gains were made almost entirely in the urban areas of Alberta, mostly in Edmonton with a few in Calgary. So who were the Tory MLAs who we booted? They were the centrist members of caucus - the ones who provided a little lefty balance. So now that we've booted these (relative) voices of reason out of the PC Caucus, are the Tories now free to privatize health care and quash same-sex marriage even more than before? Did we just do more harm than good?

Relgion...or is it?
And on a totally unrelated note, why is it that whenever someone sees an 'image' of the Virgin Mary (i.e. the recent grilled cheese sandwich story), why is it immediately the Virgin Mary, and not just some woman? Seriously, of all of the supposed images that I've seen, I've never once thought "hey...that looks like Mary!". *If* (and that's a big if) I use my imagination to even see an image at all, I say "hey...that looks like any random woman, but since she'll emblazoned on the side of a grilled cheese sandwich, I can't quite make out her features!".



Liberated at 7:57 a.m.

|
template © elementopia | image © istockphoto Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Free Hit Counters
Site Counter
This blog originates in Edmonton, in the wasteland that is Alberta, in the Great White North.

uncharted@gmail.com


What's Goin' On?
Geek v. Geek
Pundit-palooza
The Blog Routine (Anony-blogs)
Blogging All
Around Me...
Wasting Time?
Provincial Election Perversity
Thinking Not
Required
Spare Change?
Self-Discovery
Archives