Saturday, October 23, 2004

Reminiscing about when everything
was less complicated...



How far we've all come...

****************************************************************************
One of my first post on the webboard
(my thirteenth, to be exact):
In the "Who's Who" thread;
posted on January 27, 2003 @ 11:13 am
----------
I am not:
- a hack...but some people tend to point and laugh when I make this assertion
- a councillor, and never have been
- an exec member, and never have been
- a part of any faculty associations, and never have been

I am:
- generally polite and respectful to those who are deserving
- a gal who enjoys a good night out
- not Alberta-born...thankfully!

I have:
- a fish who will also remain anonymous
- no political aspirations within the SU
- a tattoo on my right hip
- been arrested...but only once
- problems saying no to people

People tell me:
- that I should run for a position on council next year...but I'm not
- that I take on too much...but that's not going to change
- that I need to pick a major and graduate sometime this decade...so I'm working on it


****************************************************************************
The private message in which Steve outted me, soon after I posted in the Who's who thread

From: Steve Smith
To: uncharted
Date: January 27, 2003 @ 3:49 pm
----------
Let's see. . . you're female and widely considered a hack. Right there, that narrows it down. My first thought was Clyburn, but then you said that you'd never spoken to Paul Welke. My next guess was Kimmy (she being about the only reasonably active female councilor I could think of who may never have spoken to Welke). We know how that one turned out.

Then you said that you had never served on Council, or a Faculty Association. How many other avenues for hacks are there? I thought for a bit that you were going out with a hack (chauvinist that I am), but there aren't that many hacks with girlfriends. Jenn Kelly did occur to me for a bit, but you said that people are encouraging you to run for Council, and Jenn's a grad student.

I ask again, what avenues of hackishness remain? You must have some involvement with the S.U., and I thought for a bit that you were one of Mariel's legion of volunteers, but your hackishness seemed to be legislative. The only other thing I could think of was student at large, which essentially meant that you were either [uncharted], Sierra Grinnell, or Terra Melnyk.

[uncharted] seems the most likely (read: hackish) of the three.


****************************************************************************
My last post on the webboard:

In the "Praise Time" thread;
posted on March 19, 2004 @ 2:12 am

----------
Back to being serious...just for a minute, I promise...

Well, here is mine. It's my first post on the webboard in months, so I hope it's a worthwhile one. Think of it as my last hack words.

These are just a few of the thank you's that I need to get out before the end of the year. If there's anyone out there who's about to get insulted that they're not in this post, please don't. Please. I'm hoping that you can find much more worthwhile things to waste your energy on. This is by no means an exhaustive list, it's just me...writing. No editing, no thinking on it...just writing. Which is probably not smart...but I really don't care.

SARA'S HACK THANK YOU LIST

Thank you:
to Steve: for being awesome. Always. Who knew?

to Tyler: for taking over where I left off, keeping others sane and being my way-back-when procrastinator partner-in-crime.

to Kyle: for being the only guy I've ever met who can rival my wealth of gossip. And for having a birthday party at the Plant.

to Henderson: for the best presidential impression I've ever seen, and being my elections support system.

to Ariana: for understanding my jokes and how I grew up when no one else does. to Jones: for knowing which window was mine at 3 am.

to Allie: for totally getting everything, and offering your apartment as a spa refuge.

to Mustafa: for being my favorite messenger buddy, and for being more patient than I deserve.

to Bystander: for political ramblings...

to Harlow: for finally making my boyfriend take me to the symphony. And for not taking me too seriously when I collapse from arm-waving in the back of Council Chambers.

to Roman: for being the best girlfriend a guy can be. And for being an awesome purse bitch.

to Nandini: for making me forget.

to Janet: for being in charge, but fair. And for keeping tears at bay.

to Dane B: for being a genuinely good lunch-mate and being the only person to ever *call* me about hacking (as in, not by computer).

to Zita: for listening...it'd just be me and the fishies by now otherwise. And for sticking up for yourself.

to Chelle: for all of that MWF @ 3 scheduling, and just putting up with me in general.

to Adam: for the best reality check I've ever faced.

to Paul Reikie: for turning out to be a really great guy.

to Chris Laver: for not hating me *too* much...I hope.

to Vivek: for making a point of being positive when I wasn't.

to Heather: for being heather, and having fun doing it. And for getting kicked, but getting right back up again and ignoring the bruise.

to Welke: for not taking being hated too serious, and for being my couch-mate.

to Wepp: for remaining a mystery for so long...it made it all the better when I actually found out.

to Kimmy: for knowing exactly what its like.

to Anand: for being the best, and most demanding boss ever. And for having the best, most comfortable jacket.

to Char: for getting it.

to SAPIGers: for telling me all about my first game of strip go fish, and then apologizing afterwards.

to Jason Tobias: for being scary (and knowing it), but in a good way. And being the first hack that I ever met...before I knew what a hack was.

almost last, but certainly not least:
to Terra: that one's for an email...I couldn't even begin to start on here...

and, of course, to Chris: that one's not for a public forum... Seriously.

Its been...an experience.

...

Alright, now that that's out of my system, keep going...
****************************************************************************


Liberated at 11:04 a.m.

|
template © elementopia | image © istockphoto Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Free Hit Counters
Site Counter
This blog originates in Edmonton, in the wasteland that is Alberta, in the Great White North.

uncharted@gmail.com


What's Goin' On?
Geek v. Geek
Pundit-palooza
The Blog Routine (Anony-blogs)
Blogging All
Around Me...
Wasting Time?
Provincial Election Perversity
Thinking Not
Required
Spare Change?
Self-Discovery
Archives