Thursday, October 07, 2004

I must *look* harmless enough...

I don't know what it is that people think about me, but I am constantly stopped to get asked for directions, people start conversations with me on the LRT, etc., etc. I guess I look like I don't bite? Apparently appearances are deceiving...

Anyway, I had a seven minute (yes, I timed it) conversation with a woman on the LRT yesterday. Why, you ask? She asked about my shoes (who knew $20 Payless shoes were a conversation starter?) and then proceeded to tell me her life story. And this wasn't one of those crazy-as-bat-shit loonies, it was actually what seemed to be a normal person.

Then, this morning, I somehow managed to get into a conversation with some guy in my office building...this wouldn't be a particularily noteworthy event for most people, but I'm betting most of you know how anti-social I am. It took 20 minutes before I could sneak away with some excuse of a meeting...

So? Do I look particulary non-threatening? Talkative? What?!?

Sigh.


Liberated at 10:14 a.m.

|
template © elementopia | image © istockphoto Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Free Hit Counters
Site Counter
This blog originates in Edmonton, in the wasteland that is Alberta, in the Great White North.

uncharted@gmail.com


What's Goin' On?
Geek v. Geek
Pundit-palooza
The Blog Routine (Anony-blogs)
Blogging All
Around Me...
Wasting Time?
Provincial Election Perversity
Thinking Not
Required
Spare Change?
Self-Discovery
Archives