Wednesday, August 18, 2004

A day of transit firsts...

It could have been in the ridiculous amount of time I spent about various ETS vehicles today, or it could have just been one of those days.

  1. I rode aboard my first bendy bus. You know, the ones that have the accordian-like section in the middle, like the LRT cars? I sat in the bendy section for added effect.
  2. The driver actually asked every single person on one of the buses I was on to see their fare. You know when you get on at West Ed or some other money draining facility, and the driver's in the can or having a smoke? Well with no one there, many people just keep their change to themselves and have a seat, because the driver never checks to see if people have paid their fares. With *this* guy, actually went through every single person on the bus, and kicked two kids off...
  3. When I phoned the bus people (but still didn't get connected to Heather), I actually got someone who was pleasant. And asked how I was. I was so taken aback, she had to ask if I was still on the line.
On a partially related note (only because it took place in an LRT station), I fell down the stairs yesterday. When I woke up this morning, it was kind of difficult to get out of bed. It sucked.

Liberated at 9:15 p.m.

|
template © elementopia | image © istockphoto Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Free Hit Counters
Site Counter
This blog originates in Edmonton, in the wasteland that is Alberta, in the Great White North.

uncharted@gmail.com


What's Goin' On?
Geek v. Geek
Pundit-palooza
The Blog Routine (Anony-blogs)
Blogging All
Around Me...
Wasting Time?
Provincial Election Perversity
Thinking Not
Required
Spare Change?
Self-Discovery
Archives