Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Whee...apartment hunting!!!

For reasons that may or may not be discussed at a later date, it seems that I may be in the market for a nice, shiny, new apartment! Now, keep in mind that I've never managed to do anything in order...it'll prevent those suspicions of complete and utter insanity as you read through this post. The fact that I'm totally irrational may or may not play into this story...

Last Thursday, I decided that the *possibility* of having to move was more than enough for me to start booking appointments at show suites throughout Edmonton, and possibly North America (excluding Mexico). From all of these wonderful little jaunts into show suites around the world, I've narrowed it down to two buildings (but keep in mind I may not be moving anywhere. Ever.) However, being the horribly indecisive person that I am, I need some help in making that pseudo-final decision.

Here's what you need to know:

Apartment A:
- 1 block from the LRT
- In-suite washer and dryer (!!!)
- Pool, exercise room, sauna
- Dishwasher
- Across the street from a grocery store
- A little grubbier than Apartment B (but not objectionable)
- Big balcony

Apartment B:
- 2 blocks from the LRT
- Hot tub, sauna, exercise room
- Dishwasher
- Across the street from a grocery store
- Nicer, cleaner, classier than Apartment A
- Bigger balcony with slightly nicer view

Now here's the complicated part... The rent for a one-bedroom in Apartment A varies within an $85 range, while the range for renting a one-bedroom in Apartment B is $95. Apartment A starts @ $20/month more than Apartment B [this is starting to sound like one of those horrible math logic games...]. So if I get offered an apartment that's in the bottom end of the range of one building versus the top end of the range in the other, the decision is pretty much made for me (the top rents for both are kind of pushing my budget). If, however, I get offered an apartment in both buildings that are around the same price in rent, I may actually end up being able to decide between the two of them (and we're assuming, here, that I'm actually moving to begin with).

So? Which apartment would you recommend and why? Comment away!

P.S. I was going to make a poll, but I'm too lazy. Apologies...

Liberated at 3:01 p.m.

|
template © elementopia | image © istockphoto Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Free Hit Counters
Site Counter
This blog originates in Edmonton, in the wasteland that is Alberta, in the Great White North.

uncharted@gmail.com


What's Goin' On?
Geek v. Geek
Pundit-palooza
The Blog Routine (Anony-blogs)
Blogging All
Around Me...
Wasting Time?
Provincial Election Perversity
Thinking Not
Required
Spare Change?
Self-Discovery
Archives