Friday, July 30, 2004

'Squitos, 'squitos everywhere...

It seems that there's a lot noteworthy going on in my world today, so I thought I'd document it for prosperity.

  • I met Sam Roberts in the change room at a downtown store during my lunch hour. He asked to the seal of approval on a shirt he was trying on, and I gleefully gave it. Maybe he'll be wearing it when I go to his K-Days show tomorrow night? I'm not a huge Sam Roberts fan, but meeting a celebrity on your lunch hour is always enjoyable.

  • Upon walking through Commerce Place, I stumbled upon a blood donor clinic that had been set up for the day. This, however, is not the exciting part. The reason that I am writing this is to note that I am *still* unable to give blood. They don't want it. I'm horribly, horribly flawed. Or something.

  • I went to my favourite sandwich place (again) for lunch. Yesterday, the woman at the till noted that my sandwich had no vegetables, then remarked that it was as light as I was. Today, the sandwich guy made me a little cucumber flower to go on top of my sandwich. I find that prettier cucumbers are much tastier than ugly ones.

  • I spent much of my morning cutting up MPs. It was quite relaxing, since I was on the phone with several MLA's offices while I was doing it.

  • I have somehow been drawn into the Hack Club 7 e-mail circle du jour. It is...scary. But to respond: yes, you are correct Mustafa. When sucked into HackWorld, one does strange things.

  • I'm going to the fish store tonight with the ever-obliging boyfriend. We're definitely not buying anything since the newest tank refuses to cycle (nevermind if you don't already know what I'm talking about), but we're debating between picking up a pitbull pleco or some more cories.
  • As mentioned earlier, I'm going to K-Days tomorrow...for the first time. Ever. I'm not sure whether I'm supposed to be excited or not, considering that I've been to the Conklin thing in Winnipeg about a billion times...maybe Conklin turns out differently in Edmonton?
  • This morning went by kind of slowly because I didn't have my usual back-and-forth going with Ms. Janet Lo. Where are you, Janet? I'm bored...

Liberated at 1:31 p.m.

|
template © elementopia | image © istockphoto Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Free Hit Counters
Site Counter
This blog originates in Edmonton, in the wasteland that is Alberta, in the Great White North.

uncharted@gmail.com


What's Goin' On?
Geek v. Geek
Pundit-palooza
The Blog Routine (Anony-blogs)
Blogging All
Around Me...
Wasting Time?
Provincial Election Perversity
Thinking Not
Required
Spare Change?
Self-Discovery
Archives