Thursday, June 17, 2004

I know, I know...

I haven't blogged in almost three weeks. Cut me some slack, hmmm? Besides, it wasn't my fault. The following made my head explode and I've been trying desperately to glue it back together...

From Anne Dawson's Blog on Canada.com

SUBJECT: Stephen Harper's wife and the public eye
Stephen Harper's wife, Laureen, was aghast yesterday to see herself on the front page of the Toronto Sun.

"Oh No! That's awful. Why am I in the paper?" she said when she saw the photograph.

"Now I'm going to be in trouble with Stephen. Don't show Stephen."

The photograph was taken Wednesday as Laureen, wearing a pretty pink suit, was chatting with guests before her husband addressed the Toronto Board of Trade.

The caption quoted her saying: "I don't do interviews. I don't want to do anything to screw up my husband."

She repeated her mantra when reporters again tried to squeeze a few words out of her yesterday.

Disappointed wags got little sympathy from campaign spokesman Jim Armour. He reminded them all of the success of Aline Chretien during her time at 24 Sussex.

Admired across the land for her poise, elegance and respectful manner, Mrs. Chretien rarely spoke with reporters and did but two or three full-fledged interviews during the entire decade her husband was in power.

"Aline Chretien did two interviews in 10 years time. We've got lots of time," said a confident Armour.
Posted by Anne Dawson on June 3, 2004 4:45 PM

Liberated at 9:11 p.m.

|
template © elementopia | image © istockphoto Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Free Hit Counters
Site Counter
This blog originates in Edmonton, in the wasteland that is Alberta, in the Great White North.

uncharted@gmail.com


What's Goin' On?
Geek v. Geek
Pundit-palooza
The Blog Routine (Anony-blogs)
Blogging All
Around Me...
Wasting Time?
Provincial Election Perversity
Thinking Not
Required
Spare Change?
Self-Discovery
Archives