Thursday, May 20, 2004

This is going to be a good day, dammit!

Well, I woke up this morning and felt so terrible that if someone had phoned that very moment to tell me that they would go to work for me for the low, low price of only $200, I probably would have accepted. I got more than enough sleep, but the problem was that I needed enough sleep for two nights, not one. Why didn't I sleep the night before, you ask?

Yesterday, I wrote one of my (many) deferred exams - my Business Law class. Being the incredibly organized and responsible person that I am, I didn't go to class (except for one, maybe?) the entire second half of the semester. Which was a rather fitting preparation for my exam studying. I picked up my textbook for the first time ever (literally) about 16 hours before the exam on Tuesday night. I chugged off to go study to - where else? - SUB, where I knew very well that close to 25 people whom I knew very well would be close by. And they would certainly not be studying. Good plan, uncharted!

This is the approximate timeline of that night/morning:

  • uncharted's May 18 & 19 Study Fun


  • 6:00-6:15 pm
  • walk to SUB with Chris

  • 6:15-6:45 pm
  • "get settled"

  • 6:45-7:00 pm
  • find someone I know (Janet), talk to her extensively

  • 7:00-7:30 pm
  • get an iced mocha, go to the hack lab to check my email

  • 7:30-7:45 pm
  • mob of Council people are on break, thrillingly swarming SUB and (sadly) making it impossible to study

  • 7:45-8:00 pm
  • count the number of pages I will have to read for the exam

  • 8:00-8:15 pm
  • go to talk Janet, and now Tyler

  • 8:15-9:00 pm
  • study! (finally)

  • 9:00-9:30 pm
  • have an extensive conversation with my mother about summer travel plans...she informs me that she could be showing up on my doorstep at a day's notice.

  • 9:30-10:00 pm
  • study!

  • 10:00-11:00 pm
  • mobbing of hacks (the meeting loses quorum)...they seem to think that my table is the hangout spot (which makes sense, given that I'm obviously not doing anything else)

  • 11:00-11:30 pm
  • Chris starts to study, Tyler hangs out ('cause he's cool!), I "half-study"

  • 11:30-12:00 am
  • eat pizza promptly delivered by Pizza 73, "half-study" some more

  • 12:00-4:30 am
  • real, concerted-effort studying

  • 4:30-7:00 am
  • studying mixed in with elbowing Chris to stop the incessant snoring

  • 7:00-8:45 am
  • study the last section of the course (totally new content)...which didn't end up on the exam. Anywhere. Yeah...thanks.

  • 8:45-9:00 am
  • drag Chris off the couch, head home to change and grab my work stuff

  • 9:00-9:45 am
  • fall asleep in bed...luckily Chris had set the alarm

  • 9:45-10:00 am
  • change for work, frantically discuss the written requirements of contracts

  • 10:00-10:15 am
  • we head to school, exhibiting enviable multitasking skills (cramming and walking!)

  • 10:15-10:30 am
  • hysterically flip through notes

  • 10:30 am
  • EXAM TIME!


  • As you can see, I have excellent organizational and time management skills...at least that's what I *tell* people at job interviews. But whatever...it's done and I don't care anymore. And anything that doesn't kill me only makes me stronger.

    Two more to go...

    Liberated at 9:08 a.m.

    |
    template © elementopia | image © istockphoto Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

    Free Hit Counters
    Site Counter
    This blog originates in Edmonton, in the wasteland that is Alberta, in the Great White North.

    uncharted@gmail.com


    What's Goin' On?
    Geek v. Geek
    Pundit-palooza
    The Blog Routine (Anony-blogs)
    Blogging All
    Around Me...
    Wasting Time?
    Provincial Election Perversity
    Thinking Not
    Required
    Spare Change?
    Self-Discovery
    Archives