Wednesday, May 19, 2004

One-eyed fishy still needs HELP!!!

Be grateful, dear blog readers. Be grateful that this is not a post about a one-eyed fishy. I was lucky enough to read such a post today. It has, however, made me decidedly uninterested in running out and rescuing all the half-blind goldfish from the pet store.

Why did I name my post One-eyed fishy still needs HELP!!!? It would be because I haven't slept in a long, long time and I'm afraid that I just don't have the capacity to think of a witty title right now. So, upon cruising around the Fishie Webboard, I found this thread and decided that it would be the title of my musings for today.

So, I wrote my Business Law exam today. I started studying at about 7:00 pm last night, and went pretty much straight through until 10:30 this morning, with a few 15 minute naps thrown in for good measure. The exam itself went fairly well - especially considering that I didn't go to class at all and picked up the textbook for the first time last night. My only problem, you ask?

Here's the situation... There are four of us writing this exam from two different classes. The Prof shows up at the locked room where we're supposed to be writing, and then leads us on a wild goose chase to find the Department Secretary's office so we can hand in our papers when we're done. Handing in our exams to the Department Secretary? Implying that there will be no one to hand in our papers to at the actual exam? Correct! We head back downstairs, the Prof lets us into the exam room, and then he wishes us luck and leaves. No supervision, no "come find me if you have questions", no "keep your notes in your bag". Nothing. I always wonder if people take advantage of those opportunities. Needless to say (because my post would have had a better title), the exam writing was uneventful and everyone's deviant tendencies remained tucked away.

So now I've dragged my ass into work to try and look productive for the rest of the day. Its almost not worth it, but I suppose that $50 is...$50 I didn't have yesterday. Although I admit it does bother me that I'm not actually doing anything for my $50...either than posting on my blog...reading webboards and blogs galore...and of course trying desperately not to fall asleep.

Back to...uhh...doing that...

Liberated at 3:11 p.m.

|
template © elementopia | image © istockphoto Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Free Hit Counters
Site Counter
This blog originates in Edmonton, in the wasteland that is Alberta, in the Great White North.

uncharted@gmail.com


What's Goin' On?
Geek v. Geek
Pundit-palooza
The Blog Routine (Anony-blogs)
Blogging All
Around Me...
Wasting Time?
Provincial Election Perversity
Thinking Not
Required
Spare Change?
Self-Discovery
Archives