Sunday, May 02, 2004

On the subject of birth control...

I just took my birth control pill. Again.

This whole process seems odd to me. Everyday, I injest a little yellow pill out of an extreme fear of becoming a mother. But really, this whole thing seems ridiculous. For 10 years, I have taken a my little hormonal helper everyday. That's right. 10 years. Quit that...I *already* know the numbers don't work out.

When I was 13, my mother decided that I should get a presciption for birth control pills. At 13, you ask? It was under the guise of always knowing my schedule, or something like that. However, I strongly suspect that it was so my mother could avoid the horrors of finding my hidden stash of birth control later on in my teenage years. Almost as if, by making up a problem to deal with in the present, she could avoid dealing with a much different problem years later.

But seriously...what exactly am I ingesting everyday? I have *no* idea. I go on this blind faith that what I'm doing is good for me. And besides, it's just expected for 20-somethings these days. I can't think of a single female friend of my who *isn't* on the pill.

It's interesting what having to take a little yellow pill everyday brings out in one's personality. I'm relatively lax about the whole issue. An aquaintance of mine, on the other hand, actually left where we were all hanging out, went home to take her pill, and then came back. Why? It was 7:00 pm, of course. I, however, am fairly lucky if I remember to take my pill at all. This, and obviously so, is an ongoing issue with my boyfriend.

On another note, I seem to be covered in spots. I wonder what they are...

Liberated at 10:20 p.m.

|
template © elementopia | image © istockphoto Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Free Hit Counters
Site Counter
This blog originates in Edmonton, in the wasteland that is Alberta, in the Great White North.

uncharted@gmail.com


What's Goin' On?
Geek v. Geek
Pundit-palooza
The Blog Routine (Anony-blogs)
Blogging All
Around Me...
Wasting Time?
Provincial Election Perversity
Thinking Not
Required
Spare Change?
Self-Discovery
Archives