Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Goals?!? Am I supposed to have those?

So, I've noticed a disturbing trend recently - in blogs, emails, general discussion, everyone seems to be talking about their goals. GOALS?!? I am supposed to have those?!?

Ok, well in all fairness, I guess I've got them somewhere in my head. But the issue always seems to be the possibility of actually achieving these mystical goals. I think the problem is this: if there's any chance at all that I might not be able to achieve Goal X, then it immediately gets wiped off my goal list. It ends up leaving me feeling totally lost and unfocused.

I can't even managed to set short term goals...like study three hours tonight or do two loads of laundry after work. Set the bar high, you say? Why bother setting the bar at all?, I'll respond. The moral of the story? It seems that I've gotten to the point where I've just stopped trying. I can see it in my personal life, at school, thinking about my plans for the future... If there's any possibility of rejection, failure, etc., you're sure to catch me running in the other direction.

It's almost as if I've lost sight of my abilities; I don't trust them enough to allow me to think that I can reach that elusive goal. I don't think it's a confidence thing, or a self-doubt thing...I think it's just a negativity thing. My boyfriend always tells me that I need to be more position, that I always see the glass half empty.

He couldn't be more right.

Liberated at 11:42 a.m.

|
template © elementopia | image © istockphoto Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Free Hit Counters
Site Counter
This blog originates in Edmonton, in the wasteland that is Alberta, in the Great White North.

uncharted@gmail.com


What's Goin' On?
Geek v. Geek
Pundit-palooza
The Blog Routine (Anony-blogs)
Blogging All
Around Me...
Wasting Time?
Provincial Election Perversity
Thinking Not
Required
Spare Change?
Self-Discovery
Archives