Tuesday, April 27, 2004

This just seems inherently unfair...

So I'm sitting here at my evening job. Doing nothing. Except blogging, frequenting my email, surfing around, on messenger, and posting uselessly on various webboards. I am getting paid $11/hour to do this. Oh, to do this and supervise 12 people. These 12 people earn a base wage of $8 (as well as some bonuses if they're (a) good or (b) I'm in a good mood) and they work much, much harder than I do.

They call people and get yelled at all night. Literally. For all of that abuse, they get a successful call or two to boost their stats so they don't get fired. I listen to them get yelled at. Every once in a while, I'll take an irate client off a caller's hands and I'll let them yell at me for a while. Apparently that's how I earn my keep around here. Well, that and I suppose that me sitting at my desk keeps the callers from pissing around all night and doing nothing (a.k.a. what I do).

Good times...

Liberated at 7:56 p.m.

|
template © elementopia | image © istockphoto Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Free Hit Counters
Site Counter
This blog originates in Edmonton, in the wasteland that is Alberta, in the Great White North.

uncharted@gmail.com


What's Goin' On?
Geek v. Geek
Pundit-palooza
The Blog Routine (Anony-blogs)
Blogging All
Around Me...
Wasting Time?
Provincial Election Perversity
Thinking Not
Required
Spare Change?
Self-Discovery
Archives