Monday, April 12, 2004

Did I do something to deserve this???

It's amazing how much of an effect one person - who really means nothing to you - can impact your life, your day-to-day activities.

As expected, the majority of my classes this semester (read: two of out three) have group projects. One of these groups is absolutely awesome - totally laid back and really, genuinely nice people. I actually love forward to meetings (well, as much as anyone can look forward to schoolwork, I suppose) and get along well with them, especially considering they were kind of a clique and I was the outsider who tagged along.

My other group? My blood pressure is rising just thinking about it. It's a group of five of us. Four of us get along wonderfully. The fifth we want to beat with a stick. And then kick a little bit, too. This, however, isn't your typical group project issue - one member not pulling their weight. She's doing too much, which would be fine except that she complains about how little we do and how we're "letting the group down". But if she does our work (she must think that we're totally incompetent) then, logically, we are going to have less to do.

I have come to fear our group meetings. They, literally, make my stomach upset. I'm not one of those people who insists that everyone meeds to like them - that's not the issue. The issue is that we're peer marked. Yep, that's right, folks. SHE GETS TO GRADE ME! Wow, is this going to end badly...

Liberated at 8:24 p.m.

|
template © elementopia | image © istockphoto Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Free Hit Counters
Site Counter
This blog originates in Edmonton, in the wasteland that is Alberta, in the Great White North.

uncharted@gmail.com


What's Goin' On?
Geek v. Geek
Pundit-palooza
The Blog Routine (Anony-blogs)
Blogging All
Around Me...
Wasting Time?
Provincial Election Perversity
Thinking Not
Required
Spare Change?
Self-Discovery
Archives